The Facts About the Changes in Rebates at Year End
Around this time of year some companies in the solar industry start advertising about changes to the solar credits rebate which take effect on the 1st of January every year. They often imply these changes are dramatic and you must rush to lock in your purchase now.
At I Want Energy our mission is to be Tasmania’s most trusted company in renewable energy! That’s why we have started advertising to let you know the facts (see below for detail). The changes are minimal and we advise you take the time you need and install your system in 2020 using a trusted local supplier. Should you choose I Want Energy, we will cover the price difference for you to ensure you get the best result.
Call Now - 03 6234 7009
- On the 1st of January every year the deeming period for solar credits (STC rebate) reduces by one (1) year.
- In 2019 you can claim 12 years of credits, in 2020 you can claim 11 years of credits.
- For the average size system in Tasmanian of 5 kilowatts there are 71 credits available in 2019.
- For the average size system in Tasmanian of 5 kilowatts there are 65 credits available in 2020.
- If your system doesn’t get installed in 2019 but is installed in 2020 6 credits will be all that you miss out on.
- The average price for solar credits for residential clients has been $34.
- Therefore if you rush to install your system this year you will only save $34 x 6 credits = $204.00.